Rockwool Fire Barrier is sent out from depots nationwide and is subject to the Local Depot Delivery minimum order levels and delivery charge thresholds.
Reasonable stock levels of popular thicknesses are held at larger depots. Please allow extended lead times where products need ot be sourced from the manufacturer before being delivered to site.
Rockwool reserves the right to change stocked products - while we will do all we can to keep on top of changes, availability and lead times my vary.
- Generally 1 to 3 working days for delivery
- Generally 1 to 5 working days for delivery
- Generally 5 to 10 working days for delivery
- Special request or made to order item, allow extended lead times. Minimum order levels may apply.
- Please call to check availability and approximate lead times
Delivery charges will be calculated at check-out. Please visit our Ordering From Us page for further details on minimum order levels and delivery charges. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me via our Contact Form or on 01903 899 898.
Prevents the spread of fire and smoke
Rockwools fire barrier system, Rockwool Fire Barrier, is suitable for use in pitch roof voids, heads of walls and concealed ceiling spaces where the prevention of spread of fire and smoke is required.
Core: Durable non-combustable stone wool spun from volcanic rock, compressed and resin bonded into slabs.
Facings: Unfaced and foil-faced options are available.
|50mm to 60mm
|3.7m and 3m (dependant on thickness)
|BS EN 13501-1
|Surface Spread of Flame
|30 min cavity barrier
|Fire Barrier 50mm1
|30 min fire barrier
|Fire Barrier 60mm2
|60 min fire barrier
|2 x Fire Barrier 50mm3
|90 min fire barrier
|2 x Fire Barrier 50mm4
|120 min fire barrier
|2 x Fire Barrier 60mm5
N.B. Fire Performance table notes:
- 1 1 x layer Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm, vertical joints butt jointed.
- 2 1 x layer Rockwool Fire Barrier 60mm (plain or foil face) with a minimum 100mm overlapped and stitched joints on vertical joints.
- 3 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm back to back butt jointed with staggered vertical joints between the back to back layers.
- 4 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm back to back butt jointed with staggered vertical joints between the back to back layers.
- 5 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 60mm (plain or foil face) butt jointed, incorporating a 40mm aircavity between the layers.
The correct use of Fire Barrier within structural cavities and voids will reduce the level of transmitted sound.
- Rw= up to 30db for typical lay-in grid suspended ceiling
- Rw= up to 42db for ceiling and Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm
- Rw= up to 44db for ceiling and Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm Foil Faced
- Rw= up to 50db for ceiling and 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm Foil Faced
For specific acoustic requirements please contact ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions.