Rockwool Fire Barrier
Fire stopping solution for pitch roof voids, heads of walls and concealed ceiling spaces to slow the spread of flames and smoke
Offers fire resistance upto 2 hours.
Can be used in voids up to 10.5m high.
Non-combustible – Euroclass A1.
Patented quick fit system providing fire resistance for up to 1 hour.
Made from diabase rock, which is a renewable and plentiful natural resource.
Does not contain gases that have ozone depletion potential (ODP) or global warming potential (GWP).
Thicknesses and Availability:
This Rockwool Range includes the following readily available product thickness: 50mm
The following thickness will need to be sourced from the manufacturer and may have minimum order requirements: 60mm
General information about Rockwool Fire Barrier
Prevents the spread of fire and smoke.
Rockwools fire barrier system, Rockwool Fire Barrier, is suitable for use in pitch roof voids, heads of walls and concealed ceiling spaces where the prevention of spread of fire and smoke is required.
Durable non-combustable stone wool spun from volcanic rock, compressed and resin bonded into slabs
Unfaced and foil-faced options are available
|Fire Performance||Classification A1||BS EN 13501-1|
|Surface Spread of Flame||Non-combustable|
|Roll Length||4m and 3.5m|
Buy Rockwool Fire Barrier system
Limited stock of the plain Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm is held at most of our depots. Where we need to bring stock in from the manufacturer, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery
Please observe the 'Star Rating' indicators to assess availability.
Generally 1 or 2 days for delivery
Generally 1 to 5 days for delivery
Generally 5 to 10 days for delivery
Generally 5 to 15 days for delivery
Please call to check availability and approximate lead times
Product availability depends upon stock levels at closest depot and delivery logistics to geographic locations
Product Performance and Guides
Product Performance, Manufacturer Certification, Downloads, and Installation Guides
For further information on the below table, please see the Rockwool Fire System datasheet under Manufacturer Downloads section of the Product Performance and Guides.
|30 min cavity barrier||30 min||15 min||Fire Barrier 50mm1|
|30 min fire barrier||60 min||30 min||Fire Barrier 60mm2|
|60 min fire barrier||60 min||60 min||2 x Fire Barrier 50mm3|
|90 min fire barrier||90 min||90 min||2 x Fire Barrier 50mm4|
|120 min fire barrier||120 min||120 min||2 x Fire Barrier 60mm5|
- 1 1 x layer Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm, vertical joints butt jointed.
- 2 1 x layer Rockwool Fire Barrier 60mm (plain or foil face) with a minimum 100mm overlapped and stitched joints on vertical joints.
- 3 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm back to back butt jointed with staggered vertical joints between the back to back layers.
- 4 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm back to back butt jointed with staggered vertical joints between the back to back layers.
- 5 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 60mm (plain or foil face) butt jointed, incorporating a 40mm aircavity between the layers.
The correct use of Fire Barrier within structural cavities and voids will reduce the level of transmitted sound.
- Rw= up to 30db for typical lay-in grid suspended ceiling
- Rw= up to 42db for ceiling and Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm
- Rw= up to 44db for ceiling and Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm Foil Faced
- Rw= up to 50db for ceiling and 2 x layers of Rockwool Fire Barrier 50mm Foil Faced
For specific acoustic requirements please contact ROCKWOOL Technical Solutions.
Standards & Approval
Fire Barrier Systems have been independently tested and assessed to BS 476: Part 22 by UKAS accredited laboratories.
Rockwool Fire Barrier system achieves a reaction to fire classification of A1 as defined in BS EN 13501:1
They are third party approved for performance and quality by the Loss Prevention Council Certification board (LPCB) and are listed in their Fire and Security ‘Red Book’ - certificate no. 022c.
The product has been authorised for use in LUL surface and sub-surface premises when installed in accordance with this data sheet - please refer to the LUL Approved Product Register website www.LU-apr.co.uk for specific details – LUL ref: 2230.